WEEKLY NEWS 5/21-5/27
• CONGRATULATIONS to our 2017-18 Shamrock Pride Drum Majors, Mackenzie Dechand, Kailynne Smith and Matthew Vaughn!!
• SENIORS: Please take your marching shoes home after Tuesday night’s concert. Any shoes left in the uniform room will be donated to a Friday Night Band student.
• Calling all WINTER GUARD DADS! Jim Dechand needs help moving winter guard stuff out of the uniform room and into storage. Send him an email if you can help THURSDAY NIGHT. firstname.lastname@example.org
• WHS Band is honored to host the Blue Stars Drum & Bugle Corps rehearsals June 19-23. They will be holding a FREE Preview Community Night at WHS on June 20 at 8:00 pm. Souvenir trucks & concessions will be open. Come enjoy this family event!
Volunteers are needed to help feed the musicians and crew while they are here. Please sign up HERE!
• Volunteers are needed to bake cookies for Band Camp in July. Sign Up HERE!
• Band Blast is our annual fundraiser for the Instrument Fund, and tickets were distributed to current 9th, 10th and 11th graders (who are registered for band next year) in band class on Friday. This fundraiser takes place all over Westfield on August 19th. Band students wash cars at First Merchant’s Bank, perform in ensembles at local businesses, and the tickets contain awesome coupons. If your student did not get tickets, email email@example.com. Each student is expected to sell 10 tickets and return any unsold.
Note…Guard/Percussion will get tickets at practice Thursday. 8th graders will be given tickets at school next week.
Students--keep an eye on social media! We will SOON be rolling out an incentive contest to reward those who sell the most tickets!
Parents—if you have any fun items (SkyZone tickets, movie passes, candy, water bottles…etc) laying around the house or would like to donate $5 gift cards to help incentivize the kids, sign up HERE!
• 2017-2018 Annual Forms are due for all bands: Click HERE, scroll down to the bottom and print.
• Scrip Card Orders: Due every Sunday Night by Midnight
Monday…Awards Concert Dress Rehearsal, 3:30-5:30 pm (Auditorium)
Tuesday…Awards Concert, 7:00 pm (Auditorium) Students arrive by 6:30 Dress Code is ALL black…black pants, black dress shirt or blouse, black socks, black shoes
Thursday…Guard & Percussion rehearsal, 6-8 pm
Friday…Seniors will have final exams in periods 2 & 5
WHS 2017 Graduation: Thursday, June 1st. Symphonic Band will be performing.
Freshman Orientation: Monday, June 5th 5pm-9pm.
Leadership Training: Thursday, June 8th 1pm-5pm. Open to anyone interested in leadership positions.
First Marching Band/Color Guard Payment: Due Friday, June 16, 2017.
Blue Stars Drum & Bugle Corps Preview: Tuesday, June 20th.
SkyZone Spirit Night: Wednesday, June 21, 2017 12pm-8pm. This is NOT your normal spirit night! We are excited to offer an activity-based spirit night for band students! Click here for the required flyer!
Kroger Rewards: If you've already dedicated your Kroger Rewards to Westfield Band Boosters, then THANK YOU! However, we need to remind all of our Boosters that for the band to continue to benefit from Kroger Community Rewards, everyone must re-enroll annually! It's time to do that again! Please visit this link and re-enroll so that WHS Bands can continue to benefit from this amazing program! Be sure to select Westfield Band Boosters in Indiana! THANK YOU!